07 Jul Manage Stress to Beat Burnout
Invest in yourself – Invest in your staff – learn how to manage stress to Beat Burnout
Are you suffering from overwhelm at work?
Are you heading for Burnout – we’ve all heard of the phrase BURNOUT but what does it mean for you?
Here are common signs – are you experiencing these too?
- Feeling alienated or separate from those you work with: Individuals experiencing burnout view their jobs as increasingly stressful and frustrating. They may grow cynical about their working conditions and the people they work with. They may also emotionally distance themselves and begin to feel numb about their work.
- Physical symptoms: You might be aware that you are getting more headaches and stomach aches or intestinal issues. Chronic stress can cause these issues and you might find you’re getting colds more often or just waking up aching. There will be more anxiety generally – leading to agitation, less ability to concentrate on one thing and waking up in the night.
- Emotional exhaustion: Burnout causes people to feel drained, unable to cope, and tired. They often lack the energy to get their work done. This is partly due to the excessive physical response of anxiety but also an inner lack of motivation.
- Reduced performance: Burnout mainly affects everyday tasks at work—or in the home when someone’s main job involves caring for family members. Individuals with burnout feel negative about tasks. They have difficulty concentrating and often lack creativity.
If you are noticing these symptoms – you are not alone:
A Gallup study in 2018 of nearly 7,500 full-time employees found that 23% of employees reported feeling burned out at work very often or always, while an additional 44% reported feeling burned out sometimes. That means about two-thirds of full-time workers experience burnout on the job.
But do not suffer in silence. A high-stress job doesn’t always lead to burnout. If stress is managed well, there may not be any ill-effects.
We are building a support group, an online workshop and individual coaching to navigate the different levels of burnout from dealing with the stress response in your body, to finding the negative beliefs you hold about yourself that will be holding you back. This package will leave you with the tools to understand what impacts you personally and dealing with the stressors more quickly and effectively to feel energised and enthusiastic about work again.
Some individuals (and those in certain occupations) are at a higher risk than others. Please follow the link TO REGISTER FOR THE STRESS SURVEY, you will be sending us an email and we will by return send the link to the survey – STRESS SURVEY find out how you might be impacted by stress. Take up our free consultation to learn how you can build resilience and manage stress well.
Understanding what is causing your work stress is important – to help you differentiate what you are in control of and what are the factors that are work led.
Register to Take this survey and then book a call with us to find out how we can support you or your staff with proven techniques for stress management and resilience.
INVEST IN YOUR STAFF TO BEAT BURNOUT AT WORK
If you are a company owner, manager or Lead within HR – it’s important you don’t overlook the organizational costs of Employee burnout.
Burnout is strongly influenced by how employees are managed
Burnout is preventable when you focus on the right factors
- Unreasonable time pressure. Employees who say they have enough time to do their work are 70 percent less likely to experience high burnout. Individuals who are not able to gain more time, such as paramedics and firefighters, are at a higher risk of burnout.
- Lack of communication and support from a manager. Manager support offers a psychological buffer against stress. Employees who feel strongly supported by their manager are 70 percent less likely to experience burnout on a regular basis.
- Lack of role clarity. Only 60 percent of workers know what is expected of them. When expectations are like moving targets, employees may become exhausted simply by trying to figure out what they are supposed to be doing.
- Unmanageable workload. When a workload feels unmanageable, even the most optimistic employees will feel hopeless. Feeling overwhelmed can quickly lead to burnout.
- Unfair treatment. Employees who feel they are treated unfairly at work are 2.3 times more likely to experience a high level of burnout. Unfair treatment may include things such as favoritism, unfair compensation, not dealing with bullying or conflict effectively.
Some of the costs for a company not investing in their staff and managing Burnout:
Cost of burnout is substantial: Burned-out employees are 63% more likely to take a sick day and 2.6 times as likely to be actively seeking a different job. And even if they stay, they typically have 13% lower confidence in their performance and are half as likely to discuss how to approach performance goals with their manager.
In short, employee burnout can trigger a downward spiral in individual and organizational performance.
Contact us now to see how we can share the survey anonymously with your team to get a good understanding of how your staff are coping with the demands they face at work. We can support you and your staff to become efficient, balanced and effective again.
Register to Take the STRESS SURVEY and book a call with us to find out how we can support you or your staff with proven techniques for stress management and resilience.
Kim and Carrie
+44 (0) 7510 223561 – +44(0) 07549 857216
Covering London & the South East in Person and UK & Europe via Online Services
We cover businesses and organisations across London & the South East. Individual therapy online or face to face all while still providing support for our front-line services working as NHS Mental Health Professionals & the chosen provider for South East Coast Ambulance Service ( SECAMB )
#CBTworks #CognitiveBehaviouralTherapy #CBT #NHS #Therapy #Backtowork #mentalhealth #Stress #Anxiety #depression #PTSD #onlineworkshops #mentalhealthonline #trauma #CBTforanxiety #childrensmentalhealth #anxietydisorders #London #Southeast #Sussex #howtomanageanxiety #whatistherapy #mentalhealthsupport #howtomanageanxiety #helpwithstress #becomeyourbestself #bestversionofme #helpwithdepressuon #timetotalk #MentalHealthAwareness #MentalIllnessRecovery #mentalhealthprofessionals #wellbeing #counselling #therapists #CBTtherapists #bodyimage #suicideawareness